Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Potty Training

I joined Facebook and, while I still haven't really figured it out, it seems to suck up my free computer time. So sorry all, I'll get back to blogging now.
We've been busy busy. Over the weekend we went car seat shopping for the twins and then over to Olive's for a quick visit. Debbie, David and Angelica came over on Sunday for dinner between David's tax appointments. Hopefully he figures out soon that his time with his family is valuable. He's spent a great deal of his leave working. We had a nice dinner and I finally produced biscuits that weren't yucky. I've been on a streak of bad biscuit making the last few months.
I got up before dawn on Monday to get in line to sign Laney up for preschool. It's a two year old program (and the only one in Oro Valley for 2 year olds). All other preschools start at 3 and your child must be 3 by Aug 31 to attend. I was there at 4:30 in the morning and I was number 9 in line. I had friends that came at 7 and were number 43. There were only 9 openings for the Tuesday Thursday class. I guess Oro Valley is underserved in the preschool department. Once you have a student at the school, you are able to sign up a week earlier than the general population. I realized that the twins will be ready to go to school next year. It's hard to believe that they are almost 9 months already.
I've been weaning them and were pretty officially complete now. Sigh. I need to go back to Costco again--I'm going to be out of formula again by the end of the week.
[brief break just occurred. Griffin was eating a tictac off the bathroom floor]
I totally forgot that I was supposed to go to a mom's night out last night. I'm such a dip sometimes. What a bummer too. They finally moved it to a night I could go on! But I got distracted by a call. We just found out that we're going to have company next week--all week. Charles' friend Jeff and his family are going to come visit from Texas. It should be fun but a little hectic since we have doctor appointments for the twins and Charles gets his cast off and I leave on Friday morning.
Ok, so now the big news! We've been experimenting with potty training--practicing if you will as opposed to really Potty Training Officially. I broke out the potty chair over the weekend, thinking that Laney would like one that she could use by herself. She insisted that we convert the seat to the big toilet. This potty chair can be a regular potty chair or a seat insert and step stool. The step stool was a huge hit, though it is still a little short. But Laney ran in there on Sunday and used it by herself. So that aspect of potty training seems to be a definite go but she wasn't pooping. Yesterday we came home from Target and she was supposed to take a nap. She was playing in her kitchen and then ran in and told me that she needed to poop on the potty--and then she did!!

1 comment:

Ryann said...

That is awesome! Potty training is so much better when it is child led. And I"m going to have to find you on facebook-er, crackbook as i call it!