Monday, March 23, 2009

Pink Eye and Power Tools

We had a busy weekend. I woke up Saturday morning with a crusty eye again (I've been having an itchy red eye, then both eyes for about a week and a half) so I bit the bullet and went to the dr. Actually, I went to the CVS Minute Clinic. How cool was that? It took 45 minutes and cost the same as going to the regular dr since they took my insurance. Definitely worthwile for a small problem like pink eye. Yes folks, pink eye. Thrilling. It took longer to get the r/x than to see the nurse. I've been wearing my glasses all weekend and I'm getting really tired of it.
After I got home Saturday I got busy cleaning the front yard (finally). I've got to admit that I've wanted to get the front yard blown off for a long time--and I've wanted Charles to do it because I was intimidated to use the blower. Blowing the yard off is not a gardening task that I grew up with and I didn't want to do it out in front of my house where all my neighbors could watch me blow dirt onto my house, my self and my neighbors' houses. I just couldn't take it anymore though, so Charles got the blower put together for me and out I went. I blew dirt all over me, the house, and into neighbors yards, but eventually got the hang of it. Four hours later, I had the front yard done and bagged SIX black trash bags full of mesquite crud. I couldn't believe how much there was. Neighbor guys stopped by to comment on the progress too. But now I've conquered the blower and can continue maintenance. Yard work is sort of satisfying.
After taking a shower, we hurried off to Ernie and Di's for dinner with Tim and Carol and everyone. It was great to see them! I wish they could have stayed longer (though technically Carol is here all week, she's visiting her parents).
Sunday I tackled the garage finally. It has been a massive dumping ground for too long. I filled the back of the truck with garbage and got things straightened out. Now I need to get my baby stuff sold and/or donated to get the rest of it cleared out. You may be wondering why I was so on fire for outdoor projects. Until recently, Charles hasn't been able to watch the kids alone and I can't do labor/time intensive things outside without someone to watch the kids. Charles cleaned the pool on Saturday (something else I've let slide for a few months) and it really hurt his ankle. Balancing on rocks is a lot of work for the feet and ankles.
Debbie came over Sunday afternoon to watch the kids while Charles and I went out to the Gaslight Theater with sorority. We had a good time, though I wouldn't say it was the best Gaslight performance we've seen. Kenna was saving up new milestones to suprise her aunt. She made her first attempt at stairclimbing and climbed 4 stairs. I couldn't believe it! The gate will need to go up until she can practice dismounts. Then she stood up without holding on to anything for the first time.
Griffin probably has an ear infection, so I need to call the dr. Laney is having a very contrary morning and is insisting on wearing a diaper. What the heck?

1 comment:

Ryann said...

I didn't know you had a pool! And yard work is strangely satisfying! Glad you had a good time at the family dinner-so wish I could have been there!