Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday

I have just been miserable with allergies and this eye thing. I went back to the doctor on Wednesday and she said it was probably a virus instead of bacterial and I'd just have to wait it out. Super. The wind was just howling yesterday and I foolishly decided to a) play outside with Laney in the morning and try blowing off the back yard and patio and b) took the kids to the park in the afternoon. By last night I was so congested that I thought my sinuses would explode and my eyes were awful. To make it all worse, my eyes are more sensitive to light and I can't wear my sunglasses with my regular glasses. I can't wait to wear my contacts again.
Charles has been in New Mexico for the last couple of days and is on his way home now. The kids and I went to play group at a mom's house this morning and it was very interesting. My friend Talia and I had a talk about motherhood and missing husbands. Her husband goes to Iraq to work 2 1/2 months on and 2 1/2 months off. She has a daughter almost exactly Laney's age and a son that is about 4 months younger than the twins. We talked today about how we just want our husbands to understand and appreciate how hard it is to do the mothering thing 24/7.
(sat morning)
We watched Tropic Thunder last night and I thought it was hilarious. My washing machine is stuck closed, my vacuum quit working and the babies were up for hours last night. I feel quite grouchy.

No comments: