Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Inscrutable Toddler

The mind of a toddler is a mysterious thing that no one can understand. Laney woke up on Monday and decided that she no longer wanted to use the potty. End of story. She wanted to wear her pull ups, thank you very much. So later that day, we ran around a whole bunch and I took off her pull up. Then she announced she needed to use the potty, went in and pooped. I asked her if she'd like to put on underwear. Heck no. I showed her mine and she decided that yes she would. Then she peed in them and refused to put on another pair. And any mention of the potty made her scream and cry..."nooooo!!!". Tuesday I asked if she would like to wear underwear (my thinking is that I've been slacking on just going forward with potty training and we need to bite the bullet and just do it) and she was completely against the idea. She wouldn't use the potty for the entire day, though I did con her in to trying it out at Chick-fil-A though she didn't actually do anything. Today she was in her pull up, walked towards the bathroom and announced she needed to use the potty. Afterwards, she went and got underwear for me to put on her. I'm baffled.
In other news, my pink eye improved enough yesterday to try to wear a contact and this morning my eyes were red and crusty. So off to the dr I go again.
I've officially decided that Craigslist is the coolest thing ever. I listed my baby swing and sold the baby swing, my other baby swing and two bouncers in one shot. Cash in my pocket and clear garage. Whoo Hoo!! I'm on a roll to get rid of all the outgrown baby stuff etc. Next stop is the baby consignment store and a final pick up from charity.

1 comment:

Ryann said...

I LOVED Craig's list! It is awesome! As for the potty training. Don't stress. I pushed Em and it was a disaster-six months of terror. But I let Madi lead it and she was a gem! I am not even going to try with Tim until he comes to me and says he wants to pee in the toilet. Hang in there-it'll happen!