Monday, March 30, 2009

Appliance Plague

So over the weekend the washer quit working, the vacuum died, and last night the dishwasher sprung a leak all over the kitchen floor. Oh joy. On the up side, that eye issue is improving. I went out this morning with Laney and cut back the grass clumps, hosed off the patio furniture and sprayed weeds. All in the wind again (yes, I know, I never learn do I?)
Kenna produced two more teeth on Saturday for a total of 6. That explains the overnight grouchiness I suppose. We didn't do much over the weekend. I had a big list but I didn't want to go outside and the appliances were against me. I did buy a new vacuum which is super cute but it doesn't vacuum up cheerios since it is too low in the front. So I don't know. I also went to book club even though I didn't read the book (Summer Sisters by Judy Bloom). It was fun but I was late getting home. Charles was such a help yesterday. He attempted to let me sleep in (let's face it. Moms hear babies first so I was already awake and then all of my children were being LOUD, so I made it until 7:15) and made me coffee. And did the dishes. Kisses for hubby.
He was off to Arkansas today and I've spent the day doing phone call stuff. I'm waiting to hear back about our prospective rental in Idaho this summer. I'm trying to rent us a condo for a couple of months. More news to follow depending on the owner's ok. I'm also waiting to hear from the swim lesson coordinator so that I can spend a truly OBSCENE amount of money on swim lessons for the kiddos. Yes, all of them. I'm going to do the ISR thing (Infant Swim Rescue -- they teach children as young as 6 months to roll and float in the water or if older to roll, float and swim with eyes open to the side of the pool). Assuming I can get them in. It's a huge hassle since they have lessons every day for 4-6 weeks, but it will all be worth it if I have an extra minute to find them in the pool. I'm really scared that Laney will open a door or the babies will figure out how to get to the pool. The twins are amazingly resourceful...

No comments: