Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring has Sprung

It's Friday again already. I can't believe how fast time goes. I'm outside right now with Laney while the twins take their morning nap. It's sort of overcast today, but nice out anyway. We've had the weirdest weather--it was almost 90 yesterday but will be 70 or lower by Monday. I hate that. But it could be worse--it isn't snowing and I am sitting outside.
I think I need to call the doctor and get G in again. He followed me around all day yesterday crying. I think he might have another ear infection, even though he doesn't have a fever yet. Kenna has been fussy all week, but she has a different problem. I think she's going to cut both top front teeth at once. I realized this morning that I forgot to post the 9 month stats from their doctor appointment last week. So here it is: Griffin weighs 19 lbs 14 oz and Kenna weighs 16 lbs 6 oz. Griffin is holding steady at 50 percentile for height and weight, while Kenna is still on the dinky end of the scale at 7th percentile. With Kenna having no hair and being tiny, people are starting to ask a lot more whether they are twins or not. Another couple months and they are going to think that they are "Irish" twins. That is until Kenna runs away. I give her another month or so before she's walking.
We did our rounds at Costco and Target again yesterday (yeah, I know, I went to Target already this week--but I forgot bottle liners). I've worked out how much formula we need now and it's truly shocking. The Costco size formula (roughly twice the size as the large grocery store container) lasts us 5 days. So we need to buy 6 a month. They cost $28 each. Ouch. But hey, that's nothing compared to a house full of teen agers right?
We've got a busy weekend ahead. Tim and Carol will be here tomorrow and we're having dinner at Ernie and Diane's house. Sunday Charles and I are going to Gaslight Theater as part of a sorority fundraiser. And we have a to do list a mile long to get through in the meantime (now that Charles can sort of walk).

1 comment:

Ryann said...

I am super jealous that my parents are coming out there and I don't get to come. Have a great time without me!