Monday, November 17, 2008

Weekend warriors

Charles highjacked my laptop over the weekend and I was too tired to go up and use the other one. So here's a quick recap of the weekend:
Went to Tucson moms Fall festival on Saturday. It was majorly windy, but it was still relatively fun. We met Talia's husband for the first time and he and Charles seemed to get along. Talia's husband just got back from Iraq, where he is a security guard. He's a former Marine, so he and Charles had something to talk about. Laney ate her first cotton candy and the twins took in the scenery. Laney also bounced in the jumping castle and literally bounced out of it! The cover for the entrance was not particularly tight and she popped right out and on to the ground. She was fine, but quite suprised. The festival was from 1 to 4, so Laney didn't get a nap. We went from there over to Debbie's to check out her new house paint job--it looks great! I'm not looking forward to having ours done. Guess I should start saving now. From there we went to Pinnacle Peak for a dinner out with other moms from my Tuesday group. To say that Laney was not her normal sweet self is something of an understatement. There was food throwing, crying fits, and general mayhem. At one point she bit me on the arm for taking the dish of beans away from her and I smacked her face. So yes, I publicly abuse my daughter and I know I'm not supposed to hit in response to biting but I still have a massive ding on my chest where she bit me the other night and I reacted before I thought about it. The twins were both fussy too and cried for a good portion of the dinner. I think both Charles and I just couldn't wait to get out of there. Lesson learned. One thing a day. Skip naps at your own peril.
Sunday we got up bright and early to paint our family room and kitchen. I can't believe how different it looks. We painted the end wall, hall, and under the kitchen cabinets a darker shade of tan. The tv wall and eventually the rest of the family room walls and kitchen is a lighter golden tan. The room really changed in the way it feels and the darker shade seems to make it less long (it's very rectangular for those who haven't seen it). I like it even though the room is a little darker. It really makes the granite pop and warms the space up considerably. Hopefully it will hide kid dirt too ;-) I did most of the painting while Charles took care of the kids, then we painted together while Laney was napping. I was totally beat by last night.

No comments: