Sunday, November 9, 2008

Desert Museum

We went to the Desert Museum today and it was nice to get out and do something with just our little family. We met a lot of people from Europe oddly enough and that was interesting. We always get a family membership at the museum because when we have visitors we often go there and it's the same cost to buy the membership as it is to pay for four adults or whatever.
They have just added a new exhibit about life in the rocks with desert landscape above and then all the little dens and holes that the creatures are in are in the rock with glass so you can see everything. The desert is much prettier in the spring, but it was nice today to get out. Laney had a good time. She picked flowers from the lantana and shared them with another baby in a stroller. She was most interested in seeing a butterfly and we lucked out and saw their first Monarch butterfly of the year. After lunch, I needed to change diapers so I took one kid at a time to the restroom. I kept going by this couple with a new baby in my arms, it was sort of funny. We also tried out the two kids in the stroller/carry one in the baby bjorn solution today and that worked pretty well until my back started to ache. I always get a low back ache when I use those carriers. I probably need to strengthen my abs a little more or something.

All in all a quiet day in Tucson.


No comments: