Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

We had a good Thanksgiving and have been lazing around all day eating pie. Ricky and Erica even showed up early (a family first--normally they don't arrive until after everyone is eating). No one fought, though I did get a little snappy with Mike. What can I say? I'm still mad at him for eating a big piece of Charles birthday cake and leaving to go to the bar before we had a chance to light a candle or anything. It was a strange holiday--Ricky and Erica were there early and Don and Olive were the last to arrive. Charles was serving very stiff drinks pre-dinner and I was a little worried that family tension would bubble over, but amazingly everything worked out fine. Don had two drinks and stayed quiet most of the night and Olive had two drinks and was happy. The move has been quite tense for them to say the least.
The best part of Thanksgiving for me was watching all of the kids play together. They played and played and played. Nothing says family to me like herds of cousins running around the house. While it might normally be assumed, I will say it: I am so grateful for my children. I'm grateful for my family especially my in-laws who have made me feel like a part of the family since day one, I'm grateful for my husband who does so much in so many ways and for my friends. Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Ryann said...

I love hearing about the family. I didn't even know that Ricky and Erica were still together. I'm starved for this kind of information. Glad that it all went well and I loved the pictures!

And your poor boobs-they will adjust though! And for goodness sakes-go buy yourself some clothes!