Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Baking Pie and takin' names

I have a confession. I am a slight control freak sometimes. Holidays can be one of those times. We're having the big turkey day at my house because a) I asked what the plan was and got volunteered and b) I like to do a lot of the cooking because I like to have certain things. I'm a big believer in making the pies from scratch. I don't believe in stuffing that includes meat. I think vegetables should be served including salad. So I basically make things way harder than they should be if I just let it go and asked everyone to bring more stuff.
I'm working on pie 3 right now, but took a break. We're expecting somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 people for dinner tomorrow, but that depends. Certain members of the family can be a little flaky. I won't name any names.

1 comment:

Ryann said...

I too am very picky about the menu which is why I also like to host. I agree with you in all of your guidelines. Maybe one year, we should have Thanksgiving together!