Sunday, November 23, 2008

A week in brief

I've been slacking on my posting this week. I wrote a post earlier but decided it was negative and bitter so it didn't get posted. It was a long week, what can I say.
Charles was gone until late Thursday night and it was a tough week. Saturday I worked on painting again and am almost finished. We've been waiting to paint until Laney goes down for a nap since toddlers and paint mix too well. I'm really liking the color. Friday night I went out for a mom's night out and we had a great time. I really like my Tuesday mom's group. They are all really nice people without being so saccharine sweet that it makes my face ache. Super sweet people make me wonder if a) they are really that nice or just pretending and b) if they aren't pretending if I'm just a total piece of crap because I'm not that nice all the time.
Anyhow, we had sushi and a lot of fun. Wednesday I went out for dinner with my sorority and took the kids. It was somewhat funny because my friend Kathy came out to help haul the kids in and the waitress asked if we wanted to add another table for when the other moms got there. Ha ha.

Regarding the tough week issue, suffice it to say that most of the time I put on a brave face and sort of "fake it til I make it" but sometimes having three children under age 2 is really hard and I just can't pretend otherwise.

2 comments:

Ryann said...

Good for you for getting out! And I'm curious-what sorority were you in?

Lori said...

Beta Sigma Phi - it isn't the kind of sorority you're probably thinking of, it's a philanthropic women's group thing. Most members are considerably older than I am, but I like it. It's a very supportive group.