Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Swimmin' and Stuff

We're in week three of swim lessons and I'm getting a little tired of it. I'd hoped to complete the refresher in two weeks but Griffin won't do his roll. It's cute to watch them though. The twins started out with the attitude that we were definitely trying to kill them and now they take a running jump into Pam's arms. They also tell her that they want to go swim to the bar a lot. I got in and swam with all of them last week and it was fun. I'm not completely sure how I'll manage to swim with the twins though. Laney did her swim test fully clothed last week and I went all out this time (I didn't want to bother with wet shoes and the like last year). She wore jeans, long sleeves and heavy tennis shoes. It was hard work but she did it. Over the weekend we were working in the yard and in and out of the house. I left the kids inside, went outside quickly, came back in and noticed Kenna was missing. I found her outside by the pool! She must have slipped out behind me when I went back inside. I had that little heart attack moment mom's get but then I was really glad that we've invested in the lessons. Hopefully the pool will heat up and we'll be able to swim in it before we go to Idaho. I'm determined that next year we'll invest in a pool heater. If we don't, we'll never swim in the pool since we'll be gone over the summer.
Charles went to school with Laney yesterday to do their Donuts with Dad day. Sounds like he had fun. Oddly Laney didn't seem to have a lot to say about it. Then again, she never really has much to say about school. I try to get her to tell me about it, but nope.
I met with a landscaper again today to get a bid to remove our rocks from the back yard. We're replacing it all with rock that matches the front. It was a little awkward since he didn't speak English. I felt sort of bad that I didn't know Spanish.

1 comment:

Ryann said...

Do you have a fence around the pool? Sounds like a heart attack waiting to happen! Good thing you all have had the swimming lessons!!!