Saturday, April 17, 2010

Home Sweet Homes

We had our offer accepted on a completely different house. Wednesday I sent my parents out to see a house about 4 blocks from their house. It's a little rancher with a big yard, a separate building for an office and even a hot tub (that leaks). Our offer was a go by Friday afternoon. So now I'm buying a house and I'm sort of freaked out by it all. You know how you have ideas and then the reality is sort of scary? I hope this whole idea of spending summers in Idaho works out...Yeah. But anyway, we're excited about it. I'm looking forward to seeing it! Yes, I bought a house I haven't seen. I'm making plans to go up to Idaho for the inspection.
The kids are doing fine. We're spending lots of time in the backyard playing in the dirt piles and generally hanging out. The weather has been beautiful. It's really too bad that I'm so utterly miserable with allergies. I have to go do the shots this fall I think. I don't want to waste another gorgeous spring. All the kids are finishing up their refresher swim lessons so we'll be able to swim this summer. I'm really wishing that our pool is heated. Maybe next year.
The big news of the day is that Kenna has joined the potty crowd. She went on the potty twice this morning. Due to taking off her diaper and running naked through the house.
Laney is swearing lately and part of me wants to laugh, part of me is horrified. Especially because I know exactly where each little phrase originates and I can't blame her father for all of them. Griffin is going to be 2 soon and you can certainly tell. He's been throwing the occasional hissy fit. Most of the time he's a sweet bean though.

1 comment:

Ryann said...

Congrats on the house! Man, you guys are on house number two and we're still hoping for one! And woohoo on the toilet training. Timmy has no desire but I still have hope that it will be this year.