Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Home Improvement?

We are experiencing a whirlwind of spending activity. Somehow I managed to schedule a house painting, a landscaping tree removal and pruning, and a patio removal all into the same week. We removed the enormous tree in front of our house and I'm not sure that it was the best idea. It's so bare and bright out there now. Sadness. However, I will not get a call in August that monsoon has caused our enormous mesquite to crash over into our house. And I will not be picking up the 7 thousand pods it drops in August (by hand because you can't rake or blow them effectively). So there you go. So long shade tree. On the other hand, removing the tree means that you can see the house now and it will have a brand new spankin' paint job by the end of the week. We're living inside the masked window bubble right now and I hear them spraying, but have no idea how it looks. And I'm afraid to open a door and get sprayed. So a big suprise waits at the end of the day.
We also put in an offer on a house in Idaho this week and that has added to the chaos. It's a little strange to be buying a house that I've never seen, but hopefully all will go well.
We had a really nice Easter. Went to church with Olive and Don at St. Pius across town, then we had everyone over for dinner at our house. The lamb was good, but a little too done for my taste. The coconut cake was AWESOME. A nice time was had by all.

No comments: