Friday, April 2, 2010

Bunny Butt Cupcakes

Yes, that's right. Bunny butts. I made cupcakes with a little white icing in the center and then piped green grass around it, then I placed mini marshmallows covered in nonpareils and flattened marshmallows with pieces of cut jelly beans on them for feet. So the overall effect is the business end of the bunny going down the bunny hole in the grass. My camera battery is done and the cupcakes are history, so visualize it in your head.
We had a very successful play date at the park today. Hunted easter eggs and ate treats, played in the sand, etc. It was particularly fun because we had three dads in attendance today. Eric had the day off (weird. who gets good friday anymore?), Curtis is home while Earlee takes care of their new baby and Tony is staying at home while Talia is in school until he goes back to Iraq. Because he is a "military security contractor" or some bs title when he's working. We know it as "mercenary". He guards people and convoys in Iraq. So basically, he's a stay at home dad and then he goes to work and shoots people. Which seems sort of funny (except for the shooting people part). Kids had a blast and I ran in to a nanny who we've met various places.
Audrey is super super nice and the kids she watches are really cute--just a bit younger than mine. We've met casually several times. She thinks my name is Lisa. When I realized that is what she thought, she'd called me Lisa a couple of times and then I felt bad about correcting her. So there you are. I have her email address, so I'm thinking of sending her an email to invite her to a playdate and hoping she'll figure out the name thing without my pointing it out. I just feel weird about it. I just personally have a major nerosis about names and am always afraid I'm going to get it wrong (because I do. All the time. I have a really really hard time remembering people and names). I hate to tell others that they are. My own personal brand of crazy.
Two posts. One day. April is a new month.

No comments: