Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Teething

I thought I'd written another post, but I must not have saved it. Dang. Sunday Griffin got a second tooth! They have all got head colds too, so my life has been joyous this week. It turned really cold here suddenly, which I hate. I don't mind cold weather but I like to adjust over time. From 80 to 50 in one day is just too much for my body to take. So anyway, the snot is flowing and it has been cold and windy so we've been home. Kenna was playing with Laney's trike yesterday and can get up on her knees behind it and push it along the floor. She pulled herself up to a stand at the bottom of the stairs today too. That little devil is going to be walking too soon. Yesterday we went to the mall for a couple of hours with our friends Richelle and Ella. We went into the bathroom to change diapers etc and Laney announced that she needed to use the potty. And she did. Today she pooped on the potty, though that took a lot more initial encouragement on my part (I made her go try when I saw what she was doing). She also fell into the toilet upstairs yesterday morning, but without any adverse affects I guess (she didn't hit the water, just got stuck). I'm trying to up the frequency of our attempts. We'll probably go "live" in another week or so. I need the practice of reminding her to go though. Of course, she spent a good amount of time buck naked today and that really was a definite reminder to me! She just decided clothes were not for her today for some reason.
I'm crabby again and can't decide whether it's hormonal or lack of sleep or a combo. Both babies have been up a lot the last couple nights and I'm tired. Also, I'm trying to wean them, which makes me both sad and uncomfortable. Breastfeeding is a burden in a sense, but it also gives you a lot of closeness with your children that you just don't have bottle feeding. But since Kenna bit me yesterday, the time is coming to move on to bottles. I just think I'll miss it more with the twins in some ways, because that time is my special one-on-one time with each baby.
Babies are crying again. Gotta go.

1 comment:

Lori's Mom said...

I want to be able to respond to your comments so I am going to try this, just remember it's my first time!