Saturday, February 7, 2009

Our weekend

Yesterday we went to Gymnastics World again and out for bagels with our playgroup. It was a good time. Griffin's new tooth also made its debut! It popped out in the middle of the night. Which probably explains his wakefulness. I finally got Kenna to sleep through the night just in time for G to start waking up.
I spent yesterday afternoon working in the backyard. I got the lantana repotted finally (it's pot exploded months ago and it's been holding together by roots and goodwill), mowed the lawn, and pruned the roses. I got a little carried away with the rose pruning. They are just stubs now. But I didn't get a chance to prune last year since I was pregnant and they were wild. Besides, I'm not the daughter of Agent Orange for nothing. The only thing better than chopping something down is chopping it down and burning it. I'm thinking about ripping out the roses eventually. They use a lot of water and require a lot of work for very minimal pay back. They are so huge now that I'd need some pretty heavy duty hardware and labor to remove them. Everyone came outside with me while I worked. Laney played in the sandbox and was completely coated by the time we were done.
We went out to dinner for the first time since we got home last night. It went ok, but Laney didn't take a nap yesterday and went into meltdown mode by the end of dinner. C'est la vie, n'est pas?
Today Kenna was the cutest thing ever. She sits and laughs and claps. Heartmelting. Seriously. She's also pulling up to stand on her knees. She was looking into the bathtub while I filled it tonight. I need to drop her crib down tomorrow since I keep finding her looking over the railing at me.
Griffin was busy busy busy today. He played legos with Laney and explored all the nooks and crannies he could get to. I keep having to remove him from the laundry room. I tried cleaning me carpet today while the kids were down for a nap, but my carpet cleaner isn't working right. It looks better, but not great.

2 comments:

Ryann said...

I am so impressed with your French! It is a pet peeve of mine when people use that expression incorrectly! Bien fait!

Lori said...

Merci!