Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Desert Ducks

Different day, different park. Same climber ;-) We went to Riverfront Park today and Laney was climbing everything in sight. I wrote that name and giggled a little. That cracks me up that they named a park riverfront here. Please. It's on the edge of the wash. Which has water in it very rarely. Anyway, we had a good time. Lots of moms were there that I haven't seen in a while--especially moms with younger kids. Then it was off to the grocery store. I need to make a more organized list to shop from. I spend a lot of time criss crossing the store with my two carts and it gets a little crazy. If you ever want to feel like your kids are really something else, shop on senior day. On the other hand, if you want to get around the store, don't shop on senior day. The old people always shop as a couple and are always standing in the middle of the aisle. Today this little bitty old lady was making her little bitty old husband crawl around on the floor to get a 97 cent cake mix.
This afternoon I cooked for one of the mom's who just had a baby. I made pot pie and I make the ugliest crust. Someone needs to teach me to roll a crust. Possibly I need a different rolling pin.
Kenna is up and crawling on all fours now. She was so excited that she could go fast that she was all over the living room--zip here, zip there, zip back. Griffin was really working on the teeth today. Laney refused to take a nap and took her pullup off and peed on her pillow. She had it off this morning too, but in that case she opted to use the potty. She's also discovered fart jokes. Ask her about a desert duck sometime...

1 comment:

Ryann said...

Gosh, reading your blog sometimes makes me so tired! You are such a trooper-I really admire you!

And I get the need to be organized at the grocery store. I make menus, then a grocery list that is organized by aisles. Got to get in and get out as soon as possible!