Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Tuesday - the day of the dookie

This post is going to talk about poop again. You can skip to the next paragraph if you want to. Yesterday morning, as I was nursing a baby and trying to get everyone ready to go to playgroup, Laney took off her wet pull up and ran off. Ok, I thought, I'm going to need to get her dressed again in a second. So as I finished nursing, Laney came running in telling me she went poopoo. I thought "crud! she's peed on the floor!" and went to check. Nope, she went poop. RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LIVING ROOM. So there it was...a big dookie right on my rug. I have to admit that I was a little relieved because pee would have been harder to pick up. But still..

We went to the park for playgroup and had a good time. The weather was awesome (it was 80 by the time we left) so I actually got a little hot. All in all a good play time for mommy and kids.

I've decided that boys really are so different. I showed Griffin how a toy in his crib will play a song if you squeeze the little feet and he was all over it. He had that thing singing for the next 45 minutes and I showed him twice. Amazing.
Kenna gets the tough baby award for the week. While we were at the park, Mary let her daughter Logan hold Kenna. A few minutes later, we both look down and Kenna is literally eating sand. Logan had poured sand in her face. Kenna was amazingly ok with it all, even sand in her mouth. She fussed a little on the way home though and I discovered that she was pretty loaded with sand all through her clothes so the car seat must have been uncomfortable. Poor baby. She also is sitting briefly unsupported now. I'm wondering if she is going to start crawling while we're in Idaho for Christmas.

No comments: