Thursday, December 11, 2008

Away in a Manger

Tonight, after dinner, Laney wanted to go outside. So I took her for a walk through the neighborhood to look at the lights. We had the best time...I think my heart grew two sizes today. We walked down the street with the moon shining down on us and talked about Christmas. She told me "Santa says HO HO HO" using the deep voice for the ho ho ho part. At the end of the street was a manger scene and I explained that there was Mary and Joseph and baby Jesus and that Christmas was Jesus' birthday. Then I sang Away in the Manger. She asked me to sing the baby Jesus song for her a couple more times. It was just the sweetest thing. I felt the Christmas magic.
We went to our neighborhood park today to burn off some energy. The weather was awesome. Kenna ate sand about three times. They all have colds right now, so Kenna and Laney both had the gravel crusted booger faces. So pretty.
We've been home all week because they are sick. I'm starting to go a little stir crazy. I went to sorority last night though and we had our xmas party. It was fun. My secret sister gave each of the kids a toy and Laney was thrilled this morning because she got Dora the Explorer toys. She played with them all day (they may have gone to bed with her tonight).
Also, I wanted to add the quote of the week:
"It isn't medicine. It's cheese. Don't put it on your toes"
There are a lot of things I just never thought I'd say.

No comments: