Sunday, December 14, 2008

Let the Countdown Begin...

4 days to go! I'm getting excited to go home for Christmas, but starting to freak out a little bit about everything I need to get done between now and then. We've got a lot to cram in before we leave, but I guess that's the holidays for you. Tomorrow night we are going on a hayride through the Winterhaven neighborhood to look at the lights. I'm sure that Laney will love it and probably the twins will sleep through it. I'm going with sorority, so we will have lots of willing baby holders.
We had a fairly quiet weekend. Yesterday we went to the Christmas parade in Oro Valley (which takes sooo much effort since it literally goes right past the main road outside our subdivision). That was fun and we did some socializing with the neighbors. I'll post some picts. Laney was jazzed about seeing Santa.
The weather kind of went downhill and it was yucky today--gray and raining. We are going to freeze our butts off in Idaho--we're cold at 50 degrees! I went to the mall today to buy a few more things for the kids. Hopefully they will have enough warm clothes. I got Laney a coat too. It's not the greatest thing ever, but since she really only needs it for 2 weeks and it was $15, it will do. We also got her new earrings at the jewelry store. She lost one of her earrings and I just can't bring myself to put cheapo stuff in her ears in case she developes a metal allergy, so I sprung for the gold. These have screw on backs though, so should be less apt to get lost. The original earrings were really sharp and had long posts and the backs were so loose that she was constantly losing one.
I made pork medallions with port cranberry sauce for dinner tonight and I must say that it was super yummy. As I was putting it on the table I thought, hmm, I suppose this isn't the typical mom's quicky dinner. We had a rousing dinner conversation related to barking spiders and trod upon ducks. We have classy food, if not classy conversation.

1 comment:

Ryann said...

I loved Winterhaven. HAve been looking for something similar here-having no luck.

I too am counting down...my parents get here in five days!