Monday, January 31, 2011

Infection and Connection

Well, we made it through the week. My eye infection is still hanging around though and that is making me irritated and ugly since I'm trying not to wear eye makeup. We did the usual stuff all week. School, dance, play group. Charles got home on Friday afternoon and left this morning at 6. He'll be back again on Thursday night. I didn't go to Phoenix to meet Uncle (sorry again Unc) because my eye was bugging me so much and the prospect of three hours of driving (half at night) was just too overwhelming.
On Saturday night I went out for a Mom's Night with playgroup. We had the best time. We played games and laughed and talked until midnight. I couldn't believe it was so late! I think it was one of the best mom's nights we've ever had. Today we went to St. Andrew's to tour the 4 year classes. I don't feel any particular affinity for any of them though. There is a definite preference in the three's for Mrs. Wallace if you ask around, but there doesn't seem to be a favorite among the 4s teachers. Except for Mr. Merritt, who is really cool and dresses up in costumes and does crazy stuff, but he teaches a T/W/Th class that has two mornings and an afternoon. Nah. I'm looking forward to being able to send all of them to school and have a few hours off. Though it will cost a fortune. C'est la vie. Our packets come out on the 15th.
We have our first membership dinner at church Thursday night, which I'm looking forward to. Then we do a second one the following week. I don't know if Charles will officially join since he wants to remain a Catholic, which is fine with me. Maybe we'll go to the Catholic church in Post Falls during the summers. I imagine I'll have to get baptized, which I sort of dread. We'll see. My friend Jill is also joining. I didn't know that she's been doing the Friday woman's book group there.
In the kids department, Laney is really starting to do a lot of drawing and writing. It's cute because she writes her name backwards. The downside of a big long name is that it takes a long time to learn to write it. I found out today that I shouldn't be mixing upper case and lower case letters when I show her name. Oops. I'll start doing the big D and lower case everything else.
Griffin has been a little pill lately as only a 2 year old can be. He's defiant and obstinate. We made mini pizzas together tonight. I try not to think of home many times he licks the spoon as he spreads the sauce. It's just better that way.
Kenna is chapped all over her face at the moment and her other issues are still in force. She told Charles that "her highness" (aka nether regions) hurt the other day. We decided that was a pretty appropriate word for her. She's such a little princess and loves to be waited on. She is really good at playing the helpless baby. She makes me dress her and help her with the potty etc. Griffin dresses (and redresses and redresses and redresses) himself and does all potty business on his own. He's all about the independent. K was gifted with a hand me down baby stroller from Leah and is in absolute heaven.

No comments: