Sunday, January 9, 2011

Wow, is it 2011 Already??

It's been a while, I know. I guess I go into occasional blog funk or something. It has to do with how tired I am at the end of the night I think. Anyway, we've had a busy busy busy few months but I'm back to posting again. In summary: Thanksgiving at Olive's (yea! Tim, Carol and C visited), joined a church (yeah, I know, weird), did the whole Christmas thing (started organized, rapidly devolved), Mom and Dad visited for New Year.
The kids just started a new round of activities. Laney and Kenna are dancing again. I bought the cutest pettiskirt things at Costco. Laney gets tap shoes this time around. Of course, she did her first dance lesson and realized her friend Cameron is in gymnastics and seems to not get along with her teacher so we'll see... Kenna has been dying to go to dance, got there and refused to participate while covering her eyes. I don't really understand. Griffin plays with the car set and is content.
All the kids will be in swimming starting this Friday. Not sure what the twins will think, but given their intense desire to play in the backyard and get water out of the pool, they'd better learn to swim. Laney is taking advanced lessons and learning strokes. I'm also the new playgroup leader since Richelle has decided to simplify by stepping down as leader. We'll see how that goes.
The kids all got bikes for Xmas and we're trying to figure out how to ride them. The twins have these prebikes that don't have pedals. Kenna got pushed on her bike and now doesn't want to bother doing the work herself.
We achieved potty training success in early December (with continued minor messiness). Griffin is completely trained (night time too!) and Kenna went back to pullups at night but otherwise is done. He suddenly got the memo and all was well. This is one of the reasons that I didn't blog for a while. I'm sure you didn't want to continually read about potty training and it was really consuming my life. And a lot of Lysol wipes.
So cute story of the day: Kenna is just the singing-est kid lately and makes up her own songs quite a bit. Her latest is entitled the "Larry Song". Why? Who knows? It's hilarious though and if I can manage it I'll get video of her singing. The Larry song is always sung at high volume. It's about Larry. She particularly likes to sing it while jumping on the bed.
PS Regarding Xmas cards. I have had numerous trials and tribulations attempting to acquire and fill out cards this year. I'm thinking I might be able to manage Valentines. So to all of you: Happy Holidays!! And I probably don't have your addresses anymore unless you sent me a card since my computer with the addresses went kablooie.

No comments: