Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thoughts and the Brain

It is so strange to have Tucson be the focus of national news. Seeing the churches, schools and shopping centers of my neighborhood on the news all the time is a little disconcerting. Somehow real life and "news" don't seem to be connected most of the time. But I guess it's the week for surreal life. Laney has a new classmate and I saw his mom and thought "weird, I know that woman from somewhere". Then I figured it out--she is the blogger behind the decorating blog Three Men and Little Lady.
Laney told me today that she's going to be a brain doctor. This has nothing to do with the news (which we haven't watched at all) and everything to do with seeing an ad for a neurology seminar series in the newspaper. She made me read all about the brain to her. She thinks brains are cool. She's just not too sure about shots. Doctoring may be called off if there are shots involved (for her).
We had a great day at playgroup today (my first day as "leader"). The weather was gorgeous. Now that my parents have left, the weather returned to the upper 60s and low 70s.
Kenna told me tonight that she was little and needed "just a little chocolate. not big. Two pieces." Then she gave me a big sly smile and added "or three?"

No comments: