Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Toasted Buns

Kenna and I are sitting at the table to do our post this morning (and/or watch some Mickey Mouse). Her hair is standing up in a little tuft in the middle of her head and she's clapping her hands to the music. We were watching the wild kingdom in the back yard earlier. We've acquired a porch lizard and a yard bunny. The absence of the dog is notable. Laney and Griffin are jousting with the mop and broom, aka sweeping the floors. I'm ignoring them and their potential for chaos.

Laney has a little sunburn from yesterday. We went out to fish the toys out of the pool and she ended up swimming naked for an hour. I forgot to sunscreen though, so she has a case of pink butt. Griffin came out and joined us for a little while. He's done with that morning nap thing I think. Kenna demonstrated that she knows how to put together legos yesterday and I was deeply impressed. I don't think Laney figured it out until earlier this spring. I was going to put together the elliptical yesterday, but I read the directions and discovered it's a two person process at step 10 and 11. So I'll wait for Charles to come home I guess. Kenna took such a long nap yesterday morning her afternoon nap was short, so we had one on one time while the other two slept. We had suckers together. It was so cute. We ate our suckers and talked. She thought it was awesome.

I had to wake Laney up to go to swimming. We went to Calle Concordia pool this time. It was hotter than the 7th hub of hell. Absolutely no shade. Pam, our new instructor, was super nice but the babies still weren't enthused about the process. They will come around though. I'm not all that excited about spending every afternoon for a month frying by the pool, but ultimately it is so worth it. Our car temperature was 117 when we got back to it.

The festivities have moved upstairs to Laney's room and I think I need to intervene.

No comments: