Monday, August 17, 2009

Monday Monday

We had a good weekend playing in the pool. The Phillips clan assembled at our house yesterday for bbq and swimming. Olive and Debbie didn't stay very long though. I think Debbie was tired out after her weekend of watching kids at Roseann's. Happy 30th to Roseann by the way!! Charles left this morning for Kansas again. I imagine that he will be travelling a lot in the next few months. Laney was a pill all weekend. I'm not sure what has got in to her, but yikes.
We went to Trinity on Friday to do open gym with our playgroup and had fun. The twins explored everything and Laney had a great time. She walked the high balance beam herself about 4 times. For perspective, she was the only kid to do so... and there were kindergarten age kids there. She's so fearless it scares the heck out of me. She also thought that the bars were cool. Maybe in the spring we'll do gymnastics.
Laney and Leah had big fun yesterday (when they didn't fight). They swam and swam. Laney swam to the far end of the pool by herself with just a noodle. Charles about had a heart attack. He has a hard time relaxing. He needs to learn the art of relaxed vigilance--letting go while still being close enough to jump in to save them--both figuratively and literally. He either hovers over them or he isn't watching. I'm looking forward to having all of them swimming. We start lessons again today. It's a pain in the butt, but definitely worth it.
This is sort of a random post today, but I didn't sleep well last night and haven't had enough coffee yet. I'm still sick, which totally sucks. I'll probably have to go to the dr. Though I am getting better, just not very fast. I should go and do dishes and wash the toy piano. Laney has never thrown anything in the toilet. The twins are already starting. They threw in a toy piano. They also know how to flush so I expect some big plumbing bills in our future...

1 comment:

Ryann said...

A piano in the toilet huh? You have some fun adventures! Hope you feel better soon!