Monday, June 1, 2009

Saturday

I know I promised to write a lot while in Idaho, but it's been hard since I'm using Mom's computer (too lazy to get my own out and add to the chaos in the house) and we've been busy busy. We had a family bbq last week on Monday and admired Dad's deck. The roof collapsed while we were here at Christmas due to the snow load and Dad rebuilt it all the spring -- bigger better stronger. It looks really good and when the grapes come back it will be really nice. Dad stained it right before we got here, so all the kids are getting covered in stain every time they go outside. It mostly comes out with spray n wash though.
I've spent the week gardening my little butt off. Which I can't complain about. I just love to weed--seriously. It's a sickness. And my parents' yard always provides lots of opportunity to get my fix. I've also been cleaning house in preparation for the big party this weekend to celebrate Nick's graduation. We're having a luau tonight and 'Chelle has been working really really hard on it. I'm sure it will be really fun. We're expecting around 55 or 60 people.
Laney and I helped Dad plant the garden this week too. I used to plant the garden every year with my Grandma too. The kids and I went to Rendezvous at Ponderosa Elementary on Thursday to visit Colleen. The 4th grade class ends their year with this big exposition on pioneer living. We learned archery, horseback riding, cast iron cooking, fishing, log sawing, native american crafts, and participated in storytelling in teepees, soldier reinactments (including cannon fire) and some other stuff. It was pretty cool. We met Matt, Michelle and the kids at McDonalds for dinner and play time on Thursday night.
I still haven't bought a stroller. I went to a big used baby sale today in the hopes of finding another used one, but people either bought them all already or just don't have a lot of need of twin strollers here. So I'll probably have to go to Spokane tomorrow to buy one. I look sort of pathetic running around with a missing front wheel.
We move into the condo on Monday (but Charles won't be here for the whole week. Maybe I'll tell him where we are... maybe not! ha ha).

No comments: