Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Books, Bunny Ranch and Birthdays

I remember a time when no one woke me up at 5. I even remember a day when I could ignore a certain someone until around 7. You cannot ignore three someones, especially when two of them are right next to your bed. I should have gone to bed earlier but I was finishing my book. I've read two great books this last week: "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" and "Julie and Julia", which are very different but I really enjoyed both. The GLPPS was a very sweet read and interesting for incorporating WWII information on the occupation of Guernsey and JandJ is about a blogger's quest to cook her way through an entire Julia Child cookbook in one year which involves lots of the f word and staying up until 11:30 at night to eat sweetbreads, but was really a fun read too. So I give them my two thumbs up.
Laney is watching our crappy cable right now. They've got some weird kid shows. Sometimes I watch her watching something and wonder if she's just thinking to herself "what the hell?". I was hoping she would sleep in today since we went swimming last night at the Kroc center (finally). We had to wait an extra half hour for them to open up the cove pool and tried out the roped off part of the lap pool. Coldest water I've ever been in in an indoor pool. Yikes. We were all turning blue. Then we had to wait again for the other pool all wet. We went in to one of the family dressing rooms and hung out in a hot shower while waiting. Brrr. (Fast Fact: did you know that British people never say the word "brr"? True. I guess they just say it's cold). It was just cold in general yesterday. The high was about 65 and it rained for a good part of the day. Sun is back today though.
So to continue the recap of last week: after our day out on Wednesday we got back to the condo with the intent to not leave again, but I discovered that my near freak out at the Kroc center was perhaps somewhat hormonally fueled and I had to go out to the store again for stuff I didn't bring with me. So I did what anyone would do and called my sister and invited us over for dinner. We went over to the Post Falls Bunny Ranch and Goat Hotel to check out the animals (some of which we consumed for dinner. Yes, my sister raises rabbit for food). Thursday we went downtown for lunch at Bonsai Bistro. They have a koi stream running through the restaurant with turtles and koi. Laney thought it was awesome. They sat us on the island too, so we went over a little bridge and were surrounded by water. Afterward we went to the city park and played and went wading in the lake. Summer spirit was everywhere and people were already swimming in the lake, but it was seriously cold. Friday we had dinner at the park in Post Falls with Mom, Dad, Matt, Michelle and the kids. I took a picture with my camera phone, but am not sure how to transfer it--there was only one baby swing, so we put the babies in back to back. Hilarious! Charles came home on Friday night. Saturday I finally went in to get my "natural highlights" covered and a haircut. It was great. The place I went even gives you a glass of wine. Rock on. Then Saturday night Charles and I went out for dinner and Lizzie babysat. Sunday we went up to Sandpoint for Vadin's 6th birthday. Brian and Renee (Vadin's parents) decided to move here from San Diego. We saw lots of relatives that I haven't seen in forever. When did everyone else get so old??
Ok. Now that I'm caught up, I'll try to post regularly so I don't have to do giant ones.

No comments: