Monday, January 18, 2010

Monsters Taste Like Beans

So Laney woke up hungry today and told me she would eat monsters because monsters taste like beans, but Daddy had pumed them all (aka shot them). She had cereal for breakfast instead. She's been sick for about a week and needs to make up for it now I guess. Had a little tummy bug and her first bout ever of the runs. That's right. Ever. It is so hard to know whether she's really sick or not all the time since she tells me things like "I can't get my carseat straps on because I'm sick" or "I need to eat cheetos because my skin is sick" or whatever. She's inherited her father's hypochondria and usually has an iron constitution. I don't always take her seriously when she tells me she is sick. So Saturday night she said she was, after drinking two glasses of strawberry milk, and I asked if she was ready to go upstairs. Before we even got going she puked violently all over the kitchen floor. Charles bathed her and I got to clean up.
Which leads to the other piece of news. I've injured my shoulder (repeatedly since having children) and something is really wrong now. I think I'm going to have to cave in and go to the dr. I had to use my left hand to mop and that hurt my hand so now I have a sore hand and hurt shoulder. I'm starting to wonder what the heck is wrong with me that all of my tendons and whatnot are hurting (feet, knees and hips hurting too lately). Ok, Laney might have got some hypochondria from me too. But really. My ability to ignore the pain is starting to get stretched.
Griffin and Kenna are as feisty as ever. More words every day and a pronounced interest in the potty.

No comments: