Thursday, January 7, 2010

Booger Monster

I was playing with the kids and Laney told me that I could be the booger monster and she would be the princess. I'm so flattered. Just thought I'd share that.
So if you read the previous post and it sounded like I was suicidal or something, it was late at night and I was tired when I wrote it so maybe it was more bitter than intended. I'm ok. Honest. It's just nice to vent about it every once in a while when I'm feeling stressed. This week has been a major improvement and we're all ok.
Today I took the twins to their first gymnastics class and it was fun but hard work for me. And hard work for the instructor who had to take one of them since it was a mommy and me sort of thing. I'll be getting my money's worth there! It was totally up Kenna's alley. She was the demo kid and loved everything, somesaults, handstands (all assisted of course), walking the balance beam and running down the trampoline. G also thought it was fun, even when I accidentally whacked his head on a bar. I'm a good mom like that! We went from there to have coffee at B&N with Richelle and terrorize their kids department. All in all a good day out. I was suprised that nap time didn't last longer since we were so active in the morning and they were both up last night. Griffin woke up at about 1:45 and didn't go back to sleep until about 3:30. He woke K up with the first round of protest and so I couldn't sneak him out. I felt so bad for Kenna because I'd already picked him up when she stood up and said "Momma uppy!"since I couldn't really get her too. So I held him and hugged and patted K over the rail until she was ready to lay back down. She's a great sleeper. G on the other hand... we went round and round for quite some time. He likes to get in bed with me, snuggle, then get a second wind and start singing and whacking daddy. Stinker.
We played play dough again this afternoon. Play dough gets amazingly gross and stain causing if you get it wet. Do not, I repeat, do not get it wet! Yuck.
This evening I went out and left Charles to do bathtime and bed on his own (I haven't got the report yet but it seems like things went well). I had to do my stint at sorority city council. Which was interesting.

No comments: