Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Vomit

This morning started with an 8:30 eye appt. What is the deal with these drs anyway? They tell you to be there 1/2 hour early and don't take you back for the appt until 15 minutes after your appt. Seriously, what's the hold up. Then they have the nerve to charge all sorts of extra fees on top of the copay for doing things like a contact lense exam or writing a prescription. Irritating. I'm still sick even while taking the z pack antibiotics. I was awash in sweat the whole time--literally soaking. Gross, I know. But wait, it gets better.
When I got home, the house was slightly more disturbed than I left it but all the kids were still in pajamas. So I quickly fed everyone and got them dressed so that I could take them over to Diane's. I needed to run errands for Laney's birthday, but I had limited time since D had to leave by 1. So I ran but I didn't get much done before I had to pick up the kids. I wanted to find hats for Laney's party for each kid, but I just can't find them at this time of year. Anyway, I got the kids and got home and then the fun really started.
Kenna started to vomit around 2:30, totally covering me in vomit. And she kept puking. Poor baby, I felt so helpless to do anything for her. Meanwhile, Griffin was crying and then Laney woke up and finally Charles came home from the eye doctor. I was up all night with Kenna. I guess that's just part of the joy of motherhood.

No comments: