Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Spa, baby

We had a great time in Phoenix and are eternally indebted to Debbie for watching our brood of sick kids. Although both of us were sick, it was still so nice to get away. The Camelback Inn was beautiful and I would go again. I had never been to Paradise Valley before and it really is very pretty, especially at this time of year. The weather was just perfect in the mid 80s. We checked in and had raspberry mimosas by the spa pool. Then we headed in for massages. I had eucalyptus oil with my massage and it really helped with the congestion. After our massages and steam room, we met up by the pool again for lunch and more frosty drinks. We headed to our hotels afterward for a nap before meeting for dinner at the Roaring Fork. Very Scottsdale restaurant complete with middle aged men in Tommy Bahama shirts with their girlfriends who were perhaps not even of drinking age and had skirts that barely covered their butts. We had a great time and ate deep fried avocados (which were yummy). Sunday Charles and I went out for breakfast and then to Ikea. Then home again... I think Debbie was more than ready to leave by then.

1 comment:

Ryann said...

So nice for you to get away! I'm jealous! And I love all of the pictures on the side! So fun to see everyone!