Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween Treats

We hosted our playgroup Halloween party at my house. I decided to make some treats for the party (because I have so much free time, but I've been dying to try these out) and made the cake pops from the Bakerella website. There is something about cute food that I have a weakness for. The kids and I made a red velvet cake per Bakerella instructions. I will never make another one. What is the purpose of the red dye? It makes a horrible mess. To add to the problem, you crumble the cake up, mix it with frosting and roll it into balls. I did not appreciate the red dyed hands and then to feed them to children? Um, never again. All griping aside though, they turned out relatively cute and tasty for the very small amount of effort I expended. I'll do it again. With yellow cake.

No comments: