Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Oh Crap Croup

We haven't passed the most pleasant of days here. Laney woke up with croup at about midnight and I was freaked out. I moved her into my bed and set up the humidifier but it wasn't a restful night. We were up by 6 again (after yesterday's slap in the head wake up call from her). Kenna woke up with a fever today too, so no one was feeling well. I'm not feeling all that healthy myself. Sigh. So it was a very long day. We got into the doctor early and went to Walmart to buy juice and tylenol.
There are days when doing things all alone is really hard and today was definitely one of them. We're all winding down to go to bed now though and then hopefully I'll be able to tackle the giant mess that is my house. I'm debating about taking Laney to dance tomorrow. Probably should skip it, but we'll see how tonight goes. Laney got a dose of steroids at the doctor but had another attack of croup with afternoon during nap time.
I had sad news last night. My uncle Ray died yesterday of a heart attack. It was a suprise to the family. I feel strange about it. He was very reclusive, so I haven't actually seen him since I was about 20. Still, it's sad.
Can't wait to get the kids in bed and be done for the night. I'm exhausted.

1 comment:

Ryann said...

Sorry about your uncle. I dread the day when I get that kind of news.

And croup is awful. Been there, done that. HOpe it passes soon.

As for my FB status. We are going to France on Friday and I want to be in Paris by 7 at the latest. That means catching the noon ferry. Well, my husband wants to sleep in and not leave until 10 in the morning. so last night I booked teh noon ferry and told him he'd basically have to suck it up. Maybe a bit harsh but come on! I'm not arriving at nine at night to a strangers house with three kids. So there you have it!